In this world of modern computers and game consoles, there exists such a word such as video game addiction. It is a mental disorder that can strike any of our love ones without us knowing it. So how do you know if your boyfriend or girlfriend is addicted to video games?
Here’s a simple questionnaire for you to answer to check whether he or she is addicted to video games:
1. Does your partner feel really happy when they’re online or playing their game consoles, but as soon as they have to stop they become angry, irritable, or upset?
2. Does he or she seems to be distracted or disinterested in doing his or her supposed chores but instead goes online or play in his or her console?
3. Does your partner constantly talk too much about his or her achievements in the game?
4. Does your partner start to show signs of unhygienic practices and sleeping disorders?
5. Does he or she spends more time on the keyboard or game console controller than physically hang-out with you, his or her family, and friends?
6. Does your partner have the tendency to lie when ask about แทงบอล his or her game time?
7. Does he or she have a problem controlling the time he or she spends on the computer or game console, spending 2 to 3 hours of play time when he or she just planned to play for 15 minutes?
8. Does your partner have the tendency to get-up in the wee hours of the night just only to check their emails, upgrade their weapons and items, or check-on their characters?
9. When you confront your partner about their video game addiction, do they instantly become defensive and has the tendency to deny it?
10. Does your partner spend too much money for his or her online game or game console?
If you answer YES to at least three of the questions above then your boyfriend or girlfriend has a large tendency of having video game addiction.
Video game addiction is a general term used to define the excessive or compulsive use of computers, online or offline, and game consoles at the risk of neglecting daily life. Video game addiction, despite exhibiting like symptoms with other substance addiction, has not yet been given a diagnostic status by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSM). This means that there have been no approved methods of dealing or curing video gaming addiction. Clinician and therapists have their different ways to handle video game addicts, some of them successful while others fail.